Pipe pitting

Re: Pipe pitting

Postby Troy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:08 pm

It is a big problem on some wells in southern Ok. Pulled one last week all the galvanized was gone off of 7/16 jet rod less than 2 yrs. old. put some spray on bed liner on them , see if that helps.
Troy

Postby Gregg » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:52 pm

3M (and probably others) make heat shrink tubing up to 2" diameter. Not sure if it would work in this application, but sure seems like it would if it would fit over the brass??

Gregg
Gregg

Postby GREZMONKI » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:43 pm

I guess ill have to drill about six test wells on my property and try all these tricks at the same time to see which works best. That means six more windmills on my place -aw!
GREZMONKI

Postby Ron Stauffer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:06 pm

I guess ill have to drill about six test wells on my property and try all these tricks at the same time to see which works best. That means six more windmills on my place

No need. The best cure is a stainless solar pump set on pvc pipe with SS couplings. New install will come in roughly at 2/3 cost of a rebuilt windmill and down the well components. Areas with bad water on the CO plains were the first to adopt solar and the water seems to have no issues on the pumps.

Pulled one last week all the galvanized was gone off of 7/16 jet rod less than 2 yrs. old. put some spray on bed liner on them ,

Not sure what is available in your area but the new 7/16 rod here is more like galvanized sheet metal coating. Have pulled some older rod that looked more like it was hot dipped.

Ron
Ron Stauffer

Postby Bryon » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:19 am

Ron Stauffer wrote:
No need. The best cure is a stainless solar pump set on pvc pipe with SS couplings. New install will come in roughly at 2/3 cost of a rebuilt windmill and down the well components. Areas with bad water on the CO plains were the first to adopt solar and the water seems to have no issues on the pumps.

Ron

How long will the solar pump motor/pump last?

Bryon
Bryon

Postby Ron Stauffer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:41 am

Bryon
Grundfos and Lorentz with helical rotor design will go 10+ years. There are lots of different designs in between them and the positive displacement Shurflo solar pumps of the old days. However like in windmills where anything with blades and gearbox is a windmill, any pump driven by solar panels is a solar pump to the layman. Solar pumps vary a lot in design and price and durability. Same goes with solar panels.

Ron
Ron Stauffer

Previous

Return to Down hole pumps, such as submersible and cylinders.